Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Illegal Immigration

A big problem I see that needs to be fixed is the U.S. national security and working on ways to make the U.S. safer. I believe that there should be more things done to keep the U.S. safer and more secure. I believe that the U.S. needs to be doing more things to keep illegal immigrants out of the country. I believe that all immigrants should get in the country the right way, and do all the correct paper work to be allowed to come here. I know older people that had to wait years to get into the U.S. that get so mad when they talk about the illegal immigration problem. They feel they had to wait and do all the paper work the right way, why should others come in illegally. I believe that this is a big problem that the government needs to fix to save lives and money. I believe that businesses should be fined if they are caught having illegal immigrants working for them. In 2005 Wal-Mart paid $11 million dollars to settle a federal investigation that had hundreds of illegal immigrants were working as the cleaning staff. Another problem is the penalty for illegal immigrants if they do get caught the first time they will only go to prison for two months, and the second time a two year offense. There should be a bigger consequence to scare the illegal immigrants from trying to come over illegally.  Another problem that occurs is drug trafficking and how illegal immigrants are used to bring drugs into the U.S. This is a problem for U.S. cities because they are the ones being affected by it and I believe that the government needs to do something to solve this problem.

1 comment:

  1. After reading a blog called “Illegal Immigration” from America Soup Talk by Josh Waggoner I felt I really learned something about illegal immigration in the U.S. I would have to say that I agree with my colleague that the government does really need to start doing more to protect the U.S. citizens and do more to punish and keep out the illegals. In my colleagues blog he discuses how if immigrants are caught the first time they only serve a two month prison service, and a second offense is only two years in prison. I believe that my colleague is correct and that there should be a greater punishment to scare them from trying to enter illegally. In this blog there are a lot of problems listed such as businesses hiring illegal’s to save themselves money. I also agree that if the government starts fining companies for the number of workers that are illegal they will start to end that problem. If they know they will lose money they will stop trying to get away with breaking the law. Also in this blog is Mr. Waggoner discusses how there is big problem with using illegal’s to bring drugs into the U.S. This is a good blog about the problems with illegal immigration and how the government should be doing more to solve this problem. This blog had a lot of key arguments about why illegal immigration is a big problem, and for me this is a big problem to me. Being in Texas this is a problem for us so I must argue more should be done to stop this problem.

    ReplyDelete