Thursday, October 28, 2010

Health Care Yes?

     An important issue that has been causing much stir and controversy throughout the U.S. Government is Obama’s Health-Care Reform Bill. This bill has had a very positive and negative feedback from society. I would have to say that I would be on the positive side of the bill. I would have to agree with Obama’s decision making, that he is allowing millions of Americans who don’t have health care and makes coverage more affordable for many more. Another great contributing factor is that it is saving a deficit of 100 million dollars over a period of ten years, which saves the U.S. people a great deal of money for tax purposes. Another key controversial issue would be the Insurance companies can no longer put a lifetime limit on the amount of coverage enrollees receive. This is huge for patients who had cancer or any other diseases; they were forced to sometimes go without coverage due to the insurance companies being able to put a limit on peoples account. I would say that is an amazing part of the bill that helps serious patients. Another great part of the health-care bill is that they now have allowed young adults up to 26 to stay under there parents insurance plan. I would have to say that I am a big fan since my brother has a rare disease and his monthly medication can be quite expensive without full coverage. This allows my brother and other adults a chance to obtain a nice job with a nice insurance plan. I would have to say that some of these key points are key issues that have persuaded me to support this new bill.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to say after reading an article called Health Care Yes? From blog America Soup Talk by Joshua, I was glad to learn about what Obama is doing with the health care issue. As I read this blog I learned that Obama is helping people who don’t have health care and that he is also making the coverage more affordable for the common man. I also learned that another part of the health care is letting young adults stay under their parents insurance until they are 26. This is good because kids can get into trouble sometimes at this age and health insurance is very important. One concern I have is the rumor in this bill is that the State government is responsible for providing everyone with health insurance. They state that the states would have to raise taxes so these uninsured people can be under coverage, which will affect citizens who already have health coverage. Josh Waggoner agrees with the Obama health bill and believes that it can help people that can’t afford health coverage. I’m going to have to agree with this blogger because having the disease I have I need to be able to have a good health insurance coverage that I can afford because I’m going to have this disease probably for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete